Salary: $50,676 - $53,210
Acts as chief administrative officer with responsibility for managing and organizing the library operation, and planning and directing its program of service:
· Works rotating Saturdays and fills in for evening shift as needed.
· Charges books, magazines and other library holdings in and out at the circulation desk.
· Performs the full range of circulation desk procedures using an automated circulation system.
· Collects fines using an automated circulation system.
· Replaces books, magazines and other library holdings on shelves according to Dewey Decimal system.
· Discharges incoming library materials using an automated circulation system and inspects them for damages.
· Performs routine library computer functions.
· Operates a variety of standard office and library machines including copier, fax, scanner, printer, etc.
· Answers telephones and provides routine information or refers and transfers calls.
· Assists in assuring accurate library shelving by shelf-reading weekly and reshelving of materials, as needed.
· Assists patrons locating library materials.
· Assists patrons with basic computer questions, reference questions, NC Live, Overdrive and other resources.
· Perform routine opening and closing procedures including closing out cash register and securing building.
Job Specific Duties
· Ensures compliance with State Aid requirements, working with the State Library as needed.
· Develops long-range planning for library, including programs and services, organization, staffing, budgeting, building and public relations
· Develops and maintains annual budget and long-term financial plans for the library
· Assesses library service needs of the community and implements programs to meet those needs
· Prepares or coordinates preparation of all major reports, proposals, contracts, or grants related to the library
· Hires, develops and supervises library personnel,
· Interprets library policy to other agencies and the public at large
· Writes and submits library grants to assist in resource maintenance and development
· Maintains comprehensive knowledge of modern library trends through professional reading and workshops
· Acts as liaison to Friends of the Library
· Participates actively in local, state and national library associations
· Assures that library facilities and equipment are maintained properly, and coordinates maintenance and repair functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge of library circulation procedures and practices.
· Some skill in typing and the ability to do data entry using a computer terminal.
· Good ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
· Good ability to pay attention to detail.
· Good ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, associates and the general public.
Qualifications MLS degree from an ALA accredited library school
Special Requirements Valid Driver’s Licenses – with a good driving record
Submit completed application, resume and cover letter to Caswell County Human Resources Department, Attn: Ashley Powell, PO Box 98 Yanceyville, NC 27379.
Email: [email protected]
Applications can be found on the Caswell County Official Website: http://www.caswellcountync.gov