Salary: Starting at $42,488.00 Annually
· A Deputy Sheriff is responsible for the general law enforcement work required by the Office of the Sheriff. This law enforcement work includes keeping the peace, serving the public, protecting the lives, rights and property of all those within the County of Caswell.
· A Deputy Sheriff’s duties include taking calls from the public, serving the public, investigating complaints and criminal activity, traffic enforcement, serving civil and criminal process as well as other papers as required by the courts, developing suspects, arresting perpetrators, providing security for the courts, transporting prisoners, and any other special assignments upon request.
· A Deputy Sheriff is expected to exercise good, sound judgment, make decisions in both normal and emergency situations and use discretion while carrying out the details of each task. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the assigned Sergeant.
The applicant must be willing to work 12-hour permanent shifts which includes holidays and weekends.
· Must be of good moral character
· Must be 20 years of age
· Must have high school diploma or equivalent
· Must be able to pass an extensive background check
· Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and psychological exam
· Must possess a valid driver’s license
· Applicant can not have any felony or serious misdemeanor conviction
· Applicants must have successfully completed NC Basic Law Enforcement Training
Submit North Carolina Application form to:
Caswell County Sheriff's Office
231 County Park Rd. Yanceyville, N.C.
Position Posted: 07/19/2023
Closing Date: Open until filled