Salary: Hourly Wage $7.73
*Temporary Part-Time Page Position* - 15 hours per week
July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024
Summary: Performs a variety of library support tasks for the Caswell County Public Library; assists in organizing and maintaining library collections; shelves returned materials, straightens and shelf reads; performs other related duties as assigned.
Works under the direction of permanent library staff on duty. Reports directly to the Head of Circulation. Supervised by Library Director. This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
· Clean surfaces, including keyboards, tables, door knobs, etc. after public use
· Charges and discharges books, magazines and other library holdings in and out at the circulation desk.
· Operates a variety of standard office and library machines including copier, fax, scanner, printer, etc.
· Answers telephones and provides routine information or refers and transfers calls.
· Assists patrons locating library materials, using the online catalog, and answering basic computer questions.
· Performs routine opening and closing procedures.
· Shelves library materials and performs other tasks to keep the collections in order, including shifting.
· Replaces books, magazines and other library holdings on shelves according to Dewey Decimal system.
· Assists with set-up and clean-up of library programs, including meeting room chairs and tables, main library furniture, and straightening, cleaning and vacuuming after programs when needed.
· Assists with programs when needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Some skill in typing and the ability to do data entry using a computer terminal.
· Good ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
· Good ability to pay attention to detail.
· Requires frequent lifting and carrying of library materials weighing up to 25 pounds; pushing and pulling of book carts weighing up to 75 pounds; and frequent stooping, reaching, and climbing.
· Requires visual discrimination and the ability to read spine labels.
Any combination of education and experience which allows successful performance of the job. At least 16 years old.
Schedule: Approximately 14 hours per week. This is a temporary part-time position from the date the position is filled through June 30, 2024. Must be able to work evenings and weekends and occasional day hours when needed.
All job offers are contingent upon:
Background Check and Driving / Criminal Record
Pre-employment Drug Screen
Posted: November 6, 2023
Submit completed application, resume and cover letter to Caswell County Human Resources Department, Attn: Ashley Powell, PO Box 98 Yanceyville, NC 27379 or email: [email protected]
Applications can be found on the Caswell County Official Website: http://www.caswellcountync.gov